Thursday, August 15, 2013

A Meal to Remember...

Tonight we were taken to Pastor John's mother-in-law's house for some roasted goat. Dinner was amazing. The power was out again, but the air condition is always on in the Rift Valley. Windows open, natural sunlight, the smell of freshly cooked meat in the air. After a long day of camp and not eating all day long, that was perhaps the most incredible meal I have tasted in while.

For starters we had goat with peas and carrots and braised goat meat with tomatoes and carrots. Ugale is a dish much like grits, but with allot less water. It takes on the taste of whatever you put with it. The sauce from the goat and peas and carrots was incredible. Chapata bread accompanied everything we ate. Then came the fire roasted goat. Chunks of meat brought on a plate, unseasoned with only a side of salt in a bowl. You eat with your fingers and it is amazing.

The hospitality is unrivaled, which I am sure I have said before. I cannot say it enough. There are just no words that can accurately describe the feeling of the people here. Only that you need to experience it yourself.

Tomorrow we will be leaving this place. Temporarily. We will be back in a year to continue the work we started. That is what God has called me to do. It is written in my heart. I hope we are able to buy some things for my family here in this area. I need something to look at everyday. Something to wear.

There is so much to process.

Goodnight and God Bless you,

David

No comments:

Post a Comment