Wednesday, August 14, 2013

First Day of Camp... 8-13-2013

We did not get the baskets in for the basketball camp, but soccer camp was great! 150 kids attended. It was my first soccer camp and I love those kids!

After the camp we attended lunch hour at the church. It was a very powerful message delivered by Pastor Sunnyida of Uganda. She has a strong testimony...great cook too.

When we finished the service, I got on the back of a motorcycle with Michael who is Pastor Tabitha's brother and Pastor Johns brother in law. They have constructed rims on site along with backboards. It is difficult to ship anything in to Moi's Bridge, so all basketball items are being made. I hope to change that next year.

We then walked around town looking for poles to mount the backboard and baskets to. We wound up a a junk yard where we found 18' 1/2 gauge pipe. We hope to put the baskets in tonight and be ready for camp tomorrow morning. If not, we will host soccer again. It's in God's hands. The people here are so excited to learn basketball. I want to teach the.

To describe everything in detail would take numerous pages, and I do not have much time right now. We are on the road to Kitale to grab a bite to eat. Kids are lovely and are excited. God is good.

I still cannot get the posts from my computer to the blog. I read them last night and they are ripe with description. I wish the network worked so I could share them with you.

Peace be with you. 

David

No comments:

Post a Comment